Monday, May 09, 2005

Hot sauce Imposters...

There oughta be a law!

Here I am going through life thinking that all those taste-alike hot sauces are made with Dave's hot sauce as their base.

Until now...

I just found out, they aren't made with Dave's; heck, Dave's isn't even made with Dave's.

They're all made with http://kamukcr.com/index.html.

But wait, they don't only make Dave's, they also make Melinda's, Goya and Jamaican Choice.

I don't currently have a bottle of either of the other three, but dya think their bottles might say "made in Costa Rica"?

If I weren't so stunned, I'd be ticked.

Imposters the lot of 'em. Hmmmph!

I suppose I should have known better, but... sigh.

Me out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tina
Don’t worry. We use a different blend of peppers and spices and fruit and… on every sauce.
We are happy you like the sauces of our clients. They are more than clients.. they come here often and develop the products with us and bring new exiting ingredients also. Have you tested the Mr. Goudas also?

Mario
Kamuk

Pepperfire said...

Hey Mario,

Thanks for jumping in at this late date. You'll note that this blog was written in 2005. But, thank you for posting.

After a few more years of learning about our mutual field of endeavour, I have to admit that I now understand the "manufactured for" concept.

I don't know where you got the impression that I like the sauces of your clients. I don't recall saying such a thing; and I certainly didn't mean to give that impression. I don't even personally "like" all of the sauces that we make.

For what it's worth, though, I'm glad that the food manufacturing rules are changing for the better. One of these days we'll all be operating on a level playing field.

Is Kamuk HACCP certified yet?